TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE OF THE PARC ASTERIX GIFT CARD
1. VENDOR DETAILS GREVIN ET COMPAGNIE (hereinafter the ‘Vendor’)
A public limited company with capital of 52,913,012.57 euros
Registered office: BP 8 – 60128 Plailly, France
Tel.: +33 (0)9 86 86 86 87 (toll-free call — local call rate); email: email@example.com
Entertainment licences: L-D-21-5687, L-D-21-5689, L-D-21-5690, L-D-21-5692, L-D-21-5693, L-D-21-5695, L-D-21-5696, L-D-21-5701, L-D-21-5702, L-D-21-5703, L-D-21-5704, L-D-21-5705, L-D-21-5706
EU VAT no.: FR71334240033
Compiègne Trade and Companies Register under no. B 334 240 033
Atout France: no. IM060100010
Financial guarantor: Atradius Credito y Caucion S.A., 159 rue Anatole France, CS 50118, 92596 Levallois Perret
Professional and public liability insurer: Allianz IARD
1 cours Michelet, CS 30051 92076 Paris La Défense Cedex, policy no.: 86.351.239
The conditions of use of the gift card (hereinafter the ‘Gift Card’) govern the contractual relationship between the Vendor and each purchaser of the Gift Card (hereinafter the ‘Customer’).
2. CONDITIONS OF PURCHASE
Gift Cards can be purchased:
- Online on the Vendor’s website, accessible from the following address www.parcasterix.fr (hereinafter the ‘Website’);
- By phoning the Call Centre from December 2023, on: +33 (0)9 86 86 86 87 (toll-free call — local call rate), from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday from November to March (excluding the Christmas school holidays, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. every day), from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. from April to August, and from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. from September to October.
The Gift Card does not have a face value, the Customer sets the desired amount at the time of purchase. Its minimum value at the time of purchase is €20 and its maximum value is €500.
- The medium is digitalised in a non-modifiable electronic format, which will be sent to the e-mail address provided by the Customer. A digital Gift Card can be purchased on the Website or via the Call Centre.
3. CONDITIONS OF USE
The Gift Card is valid for one year from its activation date.
The Gift Card can be used for any purchase of (i) Parc Astérix tickets (in particular access passes), (ii) ancillary services (restaurants and shops), excluding any other products or services (in particular parking, tobacco, Monnaie de Paris, drinks dispensers, games of skill, etc.).
The Gift Card is accepted as payment for any purchase to be made (i) in the Vendor’s restaurants, (ii) in the Vendor’s shops, (iii) in the bars and restaurants in the Vendor’s hotels (excluding the hotel reception), (iv) at the Vendor’s ticket offices, or (v) via the Call Centre.
The Gift Card can be used on one or more occasions. The Gift Card’s balance and expiry date can be viewed on the Vendor’s mobile app after creating a customer account. This information can also be provided to the Customer in the various Parc Astérix shops.
If the value of the Gift Card is insufficient to cover the purchase amount, the Customer may pay the balance using another form of payment, in accordance with the Vendor’s Individual General Terms and Conditions of Sale.
The Gift Card may not be exchanged, resold, reimbursed, even partially, or credited to a credit/debit card, bank account or another Gift Card, and no change will be given. It cannot be topped up. The Gift Card will not be replaced or refunded in the event of damage, loss, theft or expiry (one (1) year).
4. RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
For any remote purchase (on the website) of a Gift Card in accordance with Article L221-18 of the French Consumer Code and the transposition into French law of European Directive 2011/83/EU, Customers benefit from a cooling-off period of fourteen (14) days from receipt of the email confirming their order. This option applies provided that the Gift Card has not been used in whole or in part before the expiry of the cooling-off period.
In order to withdraw, Customers must confirm their decision to withdraw, before the expiry of the aforementioned period, by means of an unambiguous statement; for example, by using the withdrawal form which can be downloaded by clicking here, which is also available on the website, and at the following address: GREVIN ET COMPAGNIE, BP 8 - 60128 Plailly, France.
5. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION
Personal data collected in the context of a Gift Card order is processed for the following purposes: the purchase, allocation, printing, dispatch and management of Gift Cards and, where applicable, sending out commercial offers if the Customer has expressly agreed to receive offers from the Vendor and/or its partners by ticking the box provided for this purpose when placing the order. Processing is carried out under the Vendor’s responsibility and the data collected is intended for the exclusive use of the Vendor and its partners if the Customer has expressly agreed to receive offers from them.
- The data collected when the Gift Card is purchased will be stored: (i) for five (5) years from the date of its collection if the order amount is below €120; (ii) for ten (10) years from the date of its collection if the order amount is €120 or more. Data relating to credit/debit cards will be stored for fifteen (15) months after the transaction for the purposes of proof in the event that the transaction is disputed. The security code (CVV) is not stored after the transaction.
- Data collected for commercial prospecting purposes will be stored for five (5) years from the date of collection and then deleted. By way of exception, if the Customer agrees to continue to receive commercial offers from the Vendor and/or its partners, the data collected may be stored for a further period of five (5) years.
Every Customer has the right to access, rectify and delete the personal data relating to them as well as the right to limit the scope of the processing and even object to its processing. With regard to the sending of commercial offers, Customers have the right to withdraw their consent to the processing of their personal data at any time. Customers may exercise these rights by contacting the personal data protection officer appointed by the Vendor:
- By email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- By post at: Grévin et Compagnie, Délégué à la protection des données, BP 8, 60128 Plailly, France.
Customers may also lodge a complaint with the Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés – CNIL (French Data Protection Authority) if they feel that their rights have not been respected. The CNIL’s contact details are as follows: CNIL, 3 place de Fontenoy, TSA 80715, 75334 Paris Cedex 07, France – Website: https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes.
To find out more, Customers can access the personal data policy by visiting the mobile application and/or the website https://www.parcasterix.fr/mentions-legales by clicking here.
6. LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY
The Vendor, who is only bound by an obligation of means with regard to online sales, may not be held liable for any inconvenience or damage inherent in the use of the Internet network, in particular a break in service, external intrusion or the presence of computer viruses, and generally for any other event expressly qualified by case law as a case of force majeure.
7. APPLICABLE LAW — SETTLEMENT OF DISPUTES
The conditions of use are governed by French law. In the event of a dispute, the consumer is informed that they may have recourse to a mediation procedure with the French Tourism and Travel Ombudsman, www.mtv.travel (MTV Médiation Tourisme Voyage - BP 80 30375 823 Paris Cedex 17) within a maximum period of one year from the date of the written complaint made to the Vendor.
In the absence of an amicable settlement, the dispute will be referred to the French courts having territorial jurisdiction by the more diligent party.